Presented by: Dr. Peter C. Fritz, B.Sc., D.D.S., F.R.C.D.(C)., Ph.D. (Perio), M.B.A.
Just as no two patients are alike, neither are two comprehensive periodontal exams. Therefore, a dental health professional must be armed with the knowledge, skill, and expertise to provide a detailed and comprehensive examination for every patient and their current periodontal condition. In this lecture, you will learn of the appropriate questions to ask when acquiring a patient’s medical history. Armed with this knowledge of the patient’s current health status, you will learn of the appropriate periodontal outcomes (probing depth, bleeding on probing, gingival recession, clinical attachment loss, gingival thickness, salivary flow rate etc.) necessary to collect. Become an expert in imaging techniques, radiographic analysis, and understand the benefits of CBCT imaging. Equipped with this information, learn how it all combines to produce a diagnosis of the periodontal health status of your patient and their next steps in pursing treatment.
Having treated thousands of patients, Dr. Fritz and his team have amassed an array of examples and case studies to learn from. Use these real-life examples to improve your knowledge on optimizing the patient experience in providing a comprehensive periodontal examination.
- Learn how to conduct a comprehensive exam
- Learn how to take a comprehensive medical history
- Understand imaging techniques and when to use them, including digital radiography and CBCT
- All lectures in the series will be hosted in Room AH 141.
- There is free parking throughout the Niagara College, Welland Campus after 5pm.
- Please arrive in time for registration, to enjoy our light refreshments, and to take your seat.