Presented by: Dr. Peter C. Fritz, B.Sc., D.D.S., F.R.C.D.(C)., Ph.D. (Perio), M.B.A.
It has been eight years since we published our Supportive Periodontal Implant Maintenance Protocol, which has been shared and implemented in dental practices and hygiene colleges across the globe. With the exciting new periodontal and peri-implant classifications published simultaneously by the American Academy of Periodontology and European Federation of Periodontology, we felt it was necessary to revisit our implant maintenance protocol to better reflect the new information and technologies available today. This lecture is focused on the best evidence to prevent peri-implant mucositis and peri-implantitis using a systematic approach which is personalized for the patient. This critical update has eliminated several steps from our former algorithm and replaced them with innovative approaches generated from new concepts of peri-implant health.
- Define and identify peri-implant health, peri-implant mucositis, and peri-implantitis based on the new periodontal and peri-implant classification system (2018)
- Learn the Fonthill Implant Care Protocol algorithm to support implant reconstructions
- Identify peri-implant pathology
- Identify treatment of peri-implant disease
- Understand the co-dependent relationship between implantology and periodontology
- All lectures in the series will be hosted in Room AH 141.
- There is free parking throughout the Niagara College, Welland Campus after 5pm.
- Please arrive in time for registration, to enjoy our light refreshments, and to take your seat.